Monday 12 March 2012

Mulholland Drive- Dud


Incoherent is the word I would use for this David Lynch classic. Though ravely reviewed, I would not be arrogant to being called intellectually disabled if I was unable to find the subtle messages in this movie.
A beautiful women falls into an accident on Mulholland Drive, while hiding in a house she meets Betty a young girl from Canada hoping to make it big in Los Angeles. What follows is a combination of scripted and confusing scenes, where characters move in and out sometimes without reason. If a movie cannot find its true meaning its falls into pieces, similar is the fate of this movie.
Many critics found this movie alluring, I for one found nothing less than garbage, finding such a small yet unimportant movie did nothing for my intellectual capability. Till then end I was left in a daze as to what each scene meant and why did I have to go through such torture or had to torment myself to such a movie.
Avoid Mulholland Drive unless you want your head spinning out of control. If anyone could make sense of this movie I would love to have a chat.

No comments:

Post a Comment